DeshiRhymes.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DeshiRhymes.com

Home of Bangladeshi Hip Hop

JOIN the NEW Deshi Hip Hop Social Network NOW! www.DeshiRhymes.com... LOG ON NOW!
THIS FORUM WILL SHUT DOWN ON DEC 31ST. JOIN DESHIRHYMES.COM NOW!
http://BoomBox.deshirhymes.com - For ALL your ONLINE RELEASES!
Radio.DR - Official Deshi Hip Hop Radio Station!

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 540 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:35 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

When mysterious melancholy strums

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When mysterious melancholy strums Empty When mysterious melancholy strums Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:29 am

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

Beat name: Mysterious Melancholy.
Feedbacks, criticisms much appreciated so I can finish it on the right note! The second verse arrangement build up is my favorite (particularly the cello melody which I put a lot of thought into)! What do you think?

http://hulkshare.com/2hpotg32msqt

Ps. If anyone wants any of my beats, they are all free (there won't be any tags either with one or two exceptions). But you need to show me what you got planned for the song. If lyrics is cheap, then you are out of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/akproductions01

2When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 am

F.L.O.

F.L.O.
Battle Moderator
Battle Moderator

ur improving man...make me a beat with A HARD HITTIN 808..HARD CLAPS AND THAT lil voicee..lol

3When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Mode Silver

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

firstly, that was neither mysterious nor melancholy Razz

The whole thing lacks punch and coherence. like flo said, make the kicks and snare hit harder... bring em forward and make em sound more prominent.

the little voice sample seems out of place too... but i do see it working if you tighten up the rest of the beat. also, make the transitions a little more smooth... like where the verses start and where the chorus kicks in.. they seem all over the place to me.

and finally, stop producing these dirty south-esque beats lol. i think i've said it before.. try some midwest and west coast type beats... i feel like your skills would work better there.

4When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:08 am

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

firstly, i can call my beat whatever shit i want lol jk :p no actually, i was thinking of calling it, "when a blind man cries" lmao. or some shit on that line. I could not come up with anything so I just went with something mysterious anyway lol.

I'm so glad that you pointed out the incoherency of the verse/chorus though! coz, they were actually made separately at two different times so, yeah they originally are totally incoherent and I just tried to pull them off calling one the chorus and the other verse lol. but thanks for ur comment man! yeah, as I said, it's nowhere to be done, so i'll definitely fix the fx and drumline.

the little voice thing...haha yeah it's not really a 'voice sample' in any sense..but yeah it's all out there coz i just made it like that so no one steals off this beat lol. it won't be there in the final version.

yeah u told me many times to get out of this dark emo shits and trust me man, i tried different genres (actually I did a collab with a beatmaker recently, i'll see if I can find that mp3 and that's a different genre I guess) but they hardly come off naturally to me. Plus, these dark sounds just ring true to me in a way, which is hard to explain: self-gratification I guess lol.

5When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:47 am

Octa

Octa
King Of Rhymes
King Of Rhymes

what a namee

and yeah bout the beattt.. it shud be the theme for the next olympics sprint event " iwanna go running running " ?! wtf gay boy?!

and i think i tod u bout the beat..its prtty nice..improvement.. u need mixin clarity.. ( wheres all dat parameters and high low freq band shit u talkin bout to these kids all day nowww homeboyy? lol gotcha =P buster ) anyway... i like the arabianish thing at the endd...and dis is pretty legit if u mix it right tho yeahh

http://sinister.4shared.com

6When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 am

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

lol! thanks for dropping boy octa da o. yeah, i know shit abt mixing as apparent by all my 'low quality' beats hehe......i'm like a khali kolshi..yay Very Happy

watchu doing on dr? go study and dont get deported octa! lmaoo

7When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 am

Wafi

Wafi
Official Rhymer
Official Rhymer

Improve yo mixing!!!and this time I ain't gonna worship you man...there's something wrong to my ears and I donnno exactly what...buut...you're better then this I think...and as Mode told before...lose this southish vibe!!!common do some hardcore oldschool beat...sampled beat or I donno midwest
eastcosast type beat...

8When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:00 pm

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

thanks for ur comment dude. i think we've been over this ten million times abt mixing in fl studio. so it's pointless for me to talk abt it all over again. regarding other genre as i just said in couple posts above....if it comes...it'll come naturally and i've tried myself and didn't have much luck. if it doesn't flow in, no way i'm gonna force it. if i dont enjoy making the beat, there's no point in making it in the first place since i dont care abt making it big or anything cheers.

btw, Octa and Wafi: can u plz point out wat exactly is wrong with the 'mixing'? I haven't mixed anything yet, but it sounds pretty clean to me so far. can u specify what i need to focus on? sound equalizing and compression? octa, u r using FL studio everyday now so u shd know that u can't 'mix' a beat to a studio quality level in fl studio. or if u actually can, can u please teach me?? Very Happy

9When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 am

Octa

Octa
King Of Rhymes
King Of Rhymes

true...bt i see a lot of pro's using FL..there must be a way...bt if i want better quality... i jst get better sounding kits and vsts, vsts come somewhat "pro quality"fied rite? so yeah... and volume level shit..pan and create some stereo headroom... i dun fuck with the freq. headroom, cuz i dunno shit bout thatt... and prolly lil reverbs and delays...dats about all

10When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 am

Wafi

Wafi
Official Rhymer
Official Rhymer

AKProductions wrote:thanks for ur comment dude. i think we've been over this ten million times abt mixing in fl studio. so it's pointless for me to talk abt it all over again. regarding other genre as i just said in couple posts above....if it comes...it'll come naturally and i've tried myself and didn't have much luck. if it doesn't flow in, no way i'm gonna force it. if i dont enjoy making the beat, there's no point in making it in the first place since i dont care abt making it big or anything cheers.

btw, Octa and Wafi: can u plz point out wat exactly is wrong with the 'mixing'? I haven't mixed anything yet, but it sounds pretty clean to me so far. can u specify what i need to focus on? sound equalizing and compression? octa, u r using FL studio everyday now so u shd know that u can't 'mix' a beat to a studio quality level in fl studio. or if u actually can, can u please teach me?? Very Happy
I'll tell you what...when you mix vocals over rap beats...it's another story...it's way more simple...

buuut when your actually blending a whole composition there's a lot more to think about...I bet you mix your stuff in your room which is not big at all... you hear stuffs through your speakers...and then in your room it sounds good...buuut outside it sounds a bit muddy...that's why monitoring systems I.E. the speakers you hear through your mixes are important and so is the environment you're working within...

that's becouse of the reflection of the frequencies coused by the wall...I think you know all that stuff already if you don't search something on the internet...

my suggestion here is to get yourself at least some studio monitors headphone like some of those that you can find at 20 bucks...if you can't do that...try to mix your stuff in the studio you got in the college...

if you can't even do that... well compare your works with other professional stuffs...
like stuffs you hear on the Mp3 and shit...
remember only when you really think that you're mix is nearly perfect as the pro stuffs you're compaaring with it you'll know it sounds good...buuut remember... you won't be able to hear the difference that much if you're not using good monitoring system plus environmental shitt...

now sorry for this loong ass lecture...as I think you pretty much know all this stuffs...

BTW other then that I can say try to make the output of the whole mix as low as possible then concetrate on the mastering phase...one of the most common error that people do is actually to get their mixes volume to a too high output so that when they're mastering that shit it becomes a loooooot more muddy..

other then that the mix sounds unclear...many frequencies are like fighting with each other...aand most importantly...try to improve your equalizing shit...buut as I told you before...monitoring system is needed since we're talking about making beats...
is like you're putting reading glasses and you can actually see what you paint or draw or write...so you know how it looks like outside...when you're using normal monitors with normal home enviroment is like you're actually writing with half blinded eyes...very few people will be able to write something CLEAR in that conditions...those are the god gifted...Wink

other then that try to improve your equalizing...as you can't hear with monitors you won't be able to realize how much of equalizing is actually helping or how much is actually damaging the mix...

and another trick is to hear your mixes from ten feet of distance...which sometimes helps a lot...play it in you car...in your mp3 and many other sources...compare it with pro stuffs...

I heard people that make beats outta FL studio and they sound PRETTY good...of course softwares like reason are way better buut...ty to make the most of what you already have... Very Happy

11When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 am

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

damn wafi! u write a lot! yeah u r right..having a set of good studio quality sound sound system will definitely enhance mixing..um..I use a 30 bucks seinnheiser headphone to mix lol (when I mix that is! coz i hardly even get to a point where I am done with the beat to mix).

okay so this is usually how I mix when I mix a beat (note: this beat is not mixed whatsoever).

1)individually adjusting instrument volume and panning(and any other parameters if used such as reverb, stereo enhancer and maximus). Octa: for this beat, no 'stock' sounds were used and most sounds came from this one kit which is almost 2 GB huge...
2)equalizer.
3) compressor.

wafi: am I doing anything wrong here? are the steps wrong or should do I do more than that?

12When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:40 am

Octa

Octa
King Of Rhymes
King Of Rhymes

yeah a.kayy... i know... but like i'm sure the kit ur using came sampled rite? so its taken off different songs and places and "scenarios"...and lets say a snare of the 9th Wonders beat might not sound legit with the 808 from ying yang twins... so use ur ears and see what goes well... i see them talkin a lot bout it.. "TUNE UR DRUMS"... i ges its important eh... and yeah do get a studio monitor...i think it wont be much..50-60 bucks for A.T ones... and about the steps u mentioned up there... its nt what u do..its how u do it... soo grind ma man...go tutorial crazy

13When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:10 pm

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

hmm touche Cool

14When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Wafi

Wafi
Official Rhymer
Official Rhymer

look man I can't just tell you what's wrong just by hearing it...couse it's already all processed shit...you gotta hear to every instrument at a single time to get the Idea of how it should be tweaked properly...

if you're already using monitors...well then you need something a bit better to deliver that monitor the sound it needs...I.E. monitors alone can't give you the definition you need...

as I told you before you have the luck to be able to mix your stuff at the college's studio right??well do that for now...
try to mix your stuffs at home...and then when you tried everything mix it again from scratch at the studio...that's my best advice...

in the meantime save up some real money couse quality cost...and some prices hurt too...but it's worth it...as I told you before you olso need some good converters to run those monitors...

try olso what I told you about that mastering thing...

see I usually don't spend much time in mixing and mastering couse I got other things to do...so my songs in terms of quality often sound wack as fuck...

but I can tell that it may not seem that important but that trick of - 6db output for mastering is really a dope ass thing that CAN actually improve the output of the whole mix and give it a whole new depth space and the right flavour on the high end frequencies...

now getting back to the EQ and Compression...they are ok...but sometimes they sound too squeezed...guess the other sounds eccept the drums and kicks are ok...but the drums sounds like compressed too much...donno try different tresholds and other ratios...since I'm no producer I have no experience with all that stuff...BUUT as OCTA "tune your drums"...that's a really important thing as far as I've read stuff bout producing beats...

and sorry again for writing this much but I always like to help if I can...Very Happy

15When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 am

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

see I usually don't spend much time in mixing and mastering couse I got other things to do...so my songs in terms of quality often sound wack as fuck...

we share the same attitude mate Razz all I care abt is creating the beat from scratch and coming up with the tunes, arrangement etc. I frankly forget abt mixing until u ppl point it out lol. plus I stopped uploading "FINAL" versions of the beats on soundclick/youtube a while ago so I guess that makes sense why I've been not mixing shit at all. thanks though for your comment wafiullah robbani.

16When mysterious melancholy strums Empty Re: When mysterious melancholy strums Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 pm

AKProductions

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

mode, wafi and octa: i took all ur advices and here's the updated version...and yes, this time I took some time to mix this. Mode: sorry I could not find loud enough 808 snares..so I basically grouped bunch of hard hitting 808 and other "hiphop" snares..plus, I just thought the 808 kicks would take over since it's already quite bassy by itself. So, anyway, let me know what you think!

http://hulkshare.com/k0oyo63vlj9c

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum