DeshiRhymes.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DeshiRhymes.com

Home of Bangladeshi Hip Hop

JOIN the NEW Deshi Hip Hop Social Network NOW! www.DeshiRhymes.com... LOG ON NOW!
THIS FORUM WILL SHUT DOWN ON DEC 31ST. JOIN DESHIRHYMES.COM NOW!
http://BoomBox.deshirhymes.com - For ALL your ONLINE RELEASES!
Radio.DR - Official Deshi Hip Hop Radio Station!

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 540 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:35 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Acceptance.

+3
YunG Ka$H
skibkhan
Stray
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Acceptance. Empty Acceptance. Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Stray

Stray
Official Rhymer
Official Rhymer

Ok, this can be a big issue to some people. Acceptance. Many feel that they have to talk or look a certain way to feel accepted into a group or even society. What's your take? Here's a lil something I wrote just like that [hell I have the time], check it, and gimme your input.

Acceptance
“There are no exceptions.”

I stretch, yawn, and wake up to the same cold and insipid world everyday. The world where nothing I do is good enough, and no matter how much I do it’s still not enough. The world ran by the media and never by one’s own intellect. It is a realm full of critics, advertisers, sexual predators, and more of all the hypocrites. Nothing is ever what it seems, therefore what do we make of it? A world that works in mysterious ways and wishes to keep all truths from you. This world you know as well as I do, perhaps even better.

There are many rules and regulating in this world we know. Some from morals, some from religion, some from laws; all advised, and even required to be abided by. So many of them, yet only a few of them actually followed. (Rules were meant to be broken after all, right?) We talk big when giving lectures, and wind up giving some great advice, but we’re never really listening to what’s coming out of our mouths. For if we did, we would sometimes resort to taking our own advice.

It’s easy to tell a friend, a son, a daughter, a nephew, a niece, a brother or even a sister to “be yourself.” Do you remember your own advice? The facts are always there before us but we tend to miss it, or often times ignore it completely. You, my friend, are a hypocrite.

Like it or not, human tendencies are the worst amongst any other. Regarded as “God’s greatest creation,” it is the common mentality in us all that proves us to be the most flawed. Flawed in this that we assume we think for ourselves when that is not such the case. We let others think for us; we let them decide what we eat, wear, drive and buy. We let others decide what we listen to, what we watch, and even sometimes which brand of contraceptives to use. This is never realized for we adapt to it so quick, it seems as if it is our own choice, when in fact it is not.

All this and for what? All this because of SOCIETY. Where there is society, there is the need to feel accepted, and the initiation into society is to do as they do and follow in trends. That is the common human mentality. We are, even if at times it may not seem so, self-preserved and it is that self-preservation that leads us to follow in these trends. That is, following everything and anything that is “IN” and makes us “COOL.

The undeniable truth behind the very society we try to be accepted into is that society is directly rooted to the media. So how can we argue when they make it look so good and persuade us to believe that we cannot live without their products? Well, we can’t argue. It’s true we want their stuff, and they want our money; it works out perfectly. After all, greed is of the most common human trait. How will you escape?

We are always doing something to be accepted. Continuously and rather needlessly improving our image because that is really what matters after all. Once you’re in the society and have gotten past initiation, it’s all about the STATUS. The game of Class and Status is much like the game of Snakes and Ladders. There are only two places to go; up or down. A lot of us use the phrase, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Well, what makes your image any different? Slow down, what’s the rush?

Even when terms come to the game of “love,” acceptance becomes a question. “Will she accept?”, “Will my parents accept?” There is no escaping acceptance; there are just no exceptions.

Riddle yourself this, when adapting yourself to society are you not (in a way) changing yourself for what people will think of you? For how people will look at you? Changing yourself from who you really are just to be accepted? Then, if you are willing to change for what others think of you are you not rejecting yourself? Your true self, that is. If you first cannot accept or appreciate who you really are, can you really expect anyone else to accept you for something or someone that you are not? Why is tit that being different from the rest strikes to you as being inferior? If you single yourself out, how much better can you expect of the world?

Even in a mad world influenced by the malevolence of the media, you must first accept yourself before you can be accepted by anyone else. You shouldn’t need to look, dress, or talk a certain way for it.

My mother always told me to “Be a leader, not a follower,” and advised me to set trends of my own apart from those current in society. Keeping that in mind, I opened the closet and rummaged through the hangers full of clothes. It didn’t take me long before I pulled out a violet button-up shirt, and with it I rocked some dark green pants. Sporting my own image, I headed out the door to face another dreaded day, but with a smile on my face because I’ve been accepted. How about you?

Aight, so hit me up. What's your take. Is it right the way most people do? Follow trends and get absorbed into the system that practically takes their identity away? Think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/naveed17

2Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:32 pm

skibkhan

skibkhan

SUMMARY plz

http://www.myspace.com/skibkhan

3Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:36 am

Stray

Stray
Official Rhymer
Official Rhymer

LMAO

4Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:34 am

YunG Ka$H

YunG Ka$H
Divine Poster
Divine Poster

i can't read it!

and it's WAAAAYYYY TOOOO long for my short termed teenaged memory

5Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:15 pm

Mr. MR

Mr. MR

i read it...and on the whole..you're right homes...but of course...you have to be yourself...but here lies a paradox...in today's media...(aside from obvious business marketing)...the message that's sent is be yourself...now should people be themselves so that they can be themselves...or are they being themselves because media tells them to...because being yourself makes you cool...

it's human nature to want to belong, and much of the world's population are followers, not leaders...so while they stress people to be who they are...they should understand that life is dynamic..aspects of you change every minute...you may feel strongly about one thing in a minute...and the next minute feel the exact opposite...it's definitely what makes us human...people carve out a niche that they feel they'd belong in..and they stick to it...its who they are...they follow the trends...its who they are...sure media feeds a lot of bullshit...but people eat it up...because its who they are...

so i mean...in my point of view...being yourself just means be real...feel free to express yourself...but don't talk shit, don't act fake...be you with your personality...clothes...they're just an accesory...being you is just being you...and if you're the type of person that thrives off of being fake...well then t hats you..a.nd don't be fake about it...don't be real in that case lol...

all i'm saying is that we are all individuals...but we all share similar needs...yes different demographics tend to do things alike...talk with an accent...wear baggy pants...skin their heads..whatever...but at the same time...you're your own person...so do what you do because you want to do it...if you want to follow the latest fashion...do it because you want to do it...if you don't want to do it...then don't...

life is simple...life is short...just be you...whatever you is...

http://www.lzbng.com

6Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:03 am

bengali beauty

Divine Poster
Divine Poster

bludyyyyyyyyyyyyy hell dts 22222222222 long i luked at it n it hurt my eyes! Sad cn sum1 js giv me a ll summary plz..Smile

7Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 am

Stray

Stray
Official Rhymer
Official Rhymer

Thanks for readin Mr. MR, and I like ur point of view. Good thinkin homez. But I styll dont like ppl that front, like to smack em a few and bring em to their senses.

8Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:24 am

Mr. MR

Mr. MR

for sure man...but like i said...if frontin and fakin is who they are...i think from an ethical standpoint, they're just as free to continue pursuing fakeness as we are entitled to pursuing realism...

weird psychology i know...but thats how i roll lol =P...

but dont' get me wrong...at times i do want to smack some of the excessively fake ones myself...when they act fake...but claim to be real...(which i guess would fall into them being fake about being real)...but when they overdo it...its kind of impossible not to swing the back part of your hand in their direction =P

http://www.lzbng.com

9Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:41 am

Stray

Stray
Official Rhymer
Official Rhymer

Yes yes, niily said me lord. Loll. Yet styll they never really learn do they..

10Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:42 pm

wUb

wUb
Divine Poster
Divine Poster

Shocked each posts so long! tiny words! help! Shocked

11Acceptance. Empty Re: Acceptance. Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:35 pm

Bangey

Bangey

Oh man, deep topic. It makes a lot of sense. I think this thing about acceptance has also ruined originality. People are not as original as they were. Its curbed "thinking out of the box" behavior. And generally made the world a duller place. But any who, at least there should be fewer disagreements, wars and premature deaths.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum