DeshiRhymes.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DeshiRhymes.com

Home of Bangladeshi Hip Hop

JOIN the NEW Deshi Hip Hop Social Network NOW! www.DeshiRhymes.com... LOG ON NOW!
THIS FORUM WILL SHUT DOWN ON DEC 31ST. JOIN DESHIRHYMES.COM NOW!
http://BoomBox.deshirhymes.com - For ALL your ONLINE RELEASES!
Radio.DR - Official Deshi Hip Hop Radio Station!

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 540 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:35 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Empty A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:36 pm

DJ R@F

DJ R@F
Admin
Admin

A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling -- Thug style!

Tip#1: Be Creative

Almost all the newcomers battle with the same, generic punches.
"I'll shoot you with my tech nine/ Take out your spine"
Something like that.. well let me tell you this.. it's all been said before, and therefore is boring, and unoriginal. If you must talk about shooting people with your guns that you probably don't have.. let alone touched, at least be creative about it and try saying it like no one else has... such as
"I dare you to look down the barrel-of-my-gun/ And what's left of you.. there'll-be-none"
It's saying the same thing the first punch did, but it's said with a uniqueness that the ordinary MC wouldn't think to use. Creativity is a category that a lot of voters use to judge the battle on, therefore you should be more creative than your opponent to win the battle.

Tip#2: Be Personal

You should NEVER, NEVER rap a verse at someone without being personal. It other words... make sure the person you are dissing knows that you are dissing them specifically. It's ok to use punchlines that could be said to everyone, such as "You got no skills/ Not only that.. you got no bills" but it's better to use a play on their name. For instance.. if the rapper's name was Rap It Up... you could use a personal punchline on them such as "You probably like it when men slap-ya-butt/ You gotta kid now cuz you forgot to Rap-It-Up (wrap it up)". The more personal you are the better your verse will be, and the better chance you have to win the Personal category voters use to rate the battle on.

Tip#3: Keep Your Flow

The flow of your verse could very likely be the difference between the win and the loss. If you don't have a good flow to your verse, then the voters have a hard time reading it and may not get the full effect of what you're trying to say. If you have a line that is "xxxxxxxxxx" long and then the next line is "xxxx" long then the reader may not read it right, and therefore may be confused on what you're trying to stress. It's just like flowing to a beat... you have to rap to the same beat throughout your verse, don't change the tempo. If you can do this, the better chance you have to outweigh your opponent in the Flow category.

Tip#4: Use Multies

Ok.. I need to point out something.. I bet if I asked everyone what a multi was, 45% of the people would get it wrong and 45% just straight up wouldn't know.. and those numbers aren't good since it's a major voting category. A multi is multiple syllable rhyming within the same line. For instance:
The best-ya-not so I'll leave ya rest-to-rot/He rhymes 'Old Fashioned' like Wendy's rest-au-rant//
There is a multi in the first line with best-ya-not and rest-to-rot, but there is not multi in the second line. In an example here:
You're dead so I'm a leave you rest to rot/ Face it in this game, the best-ya-not//
There is no multi, because the rhyming isn't on the same line.. make sense?

Tip#5: Don't Talk About Yourself

You are dissing your opponent, therefore you should be putting him down, not upping yourself. Saying things like "I'm the best/ from the east to west" is doing nothing but hurting yourself. If your not making fun of your opponent, you might as well be making fun of yourself.

Tip#6: Avoid Fillers

Fillers are lines that you use simply to set up your next line, while saying nothing. A filler would be "You better check the clock.." if that was a line, what was saying or doing to diss your opponent? Nothing. Everyline should be hurting your opponent.

Tip#7: Hit Hard

Punchlines should be completely murderizing your opponent, not just saying rhymes. An example of a weak punchline would be "Your so stupid/I'll shoot you like cupid" If someone said that to me, I wouldn't be offended what-so-ever... you really need to diss your opponent and be a bastard, otherwise battling isn't for you. An example of a hard punchline would be "You think that you're some kinda concentration champ?/
B.itch, I'll put you in a concentration camp"... now that hurts. Harder punches will win you the Punchline category.

Tip#8: Use Wordplay

Wordplay is well... a play on words. This means saying one thing and it's also meaning another. For instance "I'm a 'bug killer', spraying this pest-aside (pesticide)." The play is on the word 'pesticide.' Wordplay only works well when it meaning makes sense both ways. If you said "I'm gonna make you dye (die)" it doesn't work because saying 'I'm gonna make you dye' doesn't make sense, even though 'I'm gonna make you die' does. Wordplay helps win the Wordplay category, as well as the Creativity category as well, so it’s very helpful to use them.

this has also been posted at http://deshirhymes.virtuaboard.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4

http://www.deshirhymes.com

2A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Empty Re: A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Arhz

Arhz
Newbie Rhymer
Newbie Rhymer

thank u very much dj raf
i have learned how to battle from now!!

3A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Empty Re: A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:37 pm

SaD1k

SaD1k
Micnificent!
Micnificent!

Thanx FoR da tip R@f..NoW Im ReadY to BattLe:D

Last edited by SaD1k on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

4A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Empty Re: A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 pm

WILL -I- M

WILL -I- M
Newbie Rhymer
Newbie Rhymer

evrythin soundz A-ok so wenz da nxt battle gonna take place cuz um reddy 2 bounce on som homeyz yall !!

5A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Empty Re: A Beginner's Guide to Rap Battling Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:44 pm

ZX l)@ G@lvl3r

ZX l)@ G@lvl3r
Divine Poster
Divine Poster

lol naic bro Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum